PDA

Դիտել ողջ տարբերակը : "Chit-Chat" club: welcome, if you can read this

Էջեր : [1] 2

Հայկօ
22.09.2009, 23:15
Have you noticed, that the acronym of this "Chit-Chat" club is CCC :o. Oh, what I'm talking about...

So, it has happened! The first English-talkin' mistake-makin' and don't-givin'-a-damn-for-it club has opened it's doors. You're all welcome here to perfect and hone your linguistic skills, except evil admins and bloodthirsty moderators with big rusty Hides.

P.S. Chuk?

P.P.S. I mean Chuk Norris, actually.

P.P.S. Or Chuk Berry.

P.P.P.S. Moderator's Note. In order to reduce the flood, please be warned that the posts in this thread will be periodically deleted. Have fun.

One_Way_Ticket
22.09.2009, 23:22
:bye
"Its" should be written without apostrophe in the phrase "has opened its doors".

Հայկօ
22.09.2009, 23:24
:bye
"Its" should be written without apostrophe in the phrase "has opened its doors".

D'oh! :oy. Yes, yes, I know, "it's" is for "it is", and "its" is a possessive pronoun. What a shame. Thanks, and welcome :).

ars83
22.09.2009, 23:26
Hi, nice to have this secluded place here :))
What are we going to talk about? I hope it's not politics :) nor love affairs :)

Lyonik
22.09.2009, 23:28
HELLO! i can read ,but i cant speak so well as you,may i ?,Teach me ,if you can:oy

Հայկօ
22.09.2009, 23:30
By the way, it feels kinda spooky here :}: I think I'm already seeing Chuk's terrible shadow hanging over my little poor club. I've never broken rules so obviously and so shamelessly.

Norton
22.09.2009, 23:31
I am a table:(

Երկնային
22.09.2009, 23:32
Heeyyy, I guess Ars83 will never chat with me again, 'cuz he did so to improve his English :D

Հայկօ
22.09.2009, 23:33
Hi, nice to have this secluded place here :))
What are we going to talk about? I hope it's not politics :) nor love affairs :)

I love politics :P.

Հայկօ
22.09.2009, 23:34

And you're situated right in the middle of the room, my friend, I suppose? :8

Aren't you a cucumber?. Just asking.

ars83
22.09.2009, 23:36
HELLO! i can read ,but i cant speak so well as you,may i ?,
No problem! :) Nobody here is of family of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth :)) So, there's nothing to be afraid of.

By the way, who's the baby on your avatar?

Lyonik
22.09.2009, 23:36
thanks!he is my son,my little Gugi

Երկնային
22.09.2009, 23:37
sweet :)

Հայկօ
22.09.2009, 23:38
Heeyyy, I guess Ars83 will never chat with me again, 'cuz he did so to improve his English :D

A Butterfly :love. What a surprise, ahem. So tell me, Butterfly, aren't you afraid of being a six-legged arthropod? :8

Երկնային
22.09.2009, 23:39
A Butterfly :love. What a surprise, ahem. So tell me, Butterfly, aren't you afraid of being a six-legged arthropod? :8
Butterflies are little creatures, so they are afraid of almost everything, my friend :oy

Հայկօ
22.09.2009, 23:40
No problem! :) Nobody here is of family of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth :))
Talk for yourself, barbarian :beee.

Norton
22.09.2009, 23:43
And you're situated right in the middle of the room, my friend, I suppose?
No, im in the corner of the room and the capital of Armenia is Yerevan:}

Aren't you a cucumber?. Just asking.
No i am a melon, kyrgyzian of course:

Հայկօ
22.09.2009, 23:43
Butterflies are little creatures, so they are afraid of almost everything, my friend :oy

You were a Caterpillar when you were young? Sittin' on a mushroom, smikin' hookah... That's what I'm callin' "sweet".

ars83
22.09.2009, 23:44

Hmm, it's questionable who benefited more from our conversations :P
How's is it going, Nutella? :) Have you started your courses yet?

Today a friend of mine introduced to me a girl who was half-Greek, half-Egyptian from Cypus. She was learning Armenian :) and told me that she loves Armenia and Armenians :think We met a group of Greeks and it was so funny hearing her saying "I wish they would be Armenians" (she disliked their Athenian accent). And when I gave her a cup of tee she thanked me with "Shnorhakalutyun, paron" :) (very polite, indeed). I answered: "Khndrem, oriord" and had a feeling of being one of Armenian aristocrats of 19th century. :)

Լեո
22.09.2009, 23:44
I love politics :P.

And I hate politics :[

Lyonik
22.09.2009, 23:46
you have already forgotten about me?:think

Հայկօ
:D:D:D

Leave my club now! :angry Go open a Kyrgyz club for yourself (choose an aryan name) and have fun.

Norton
How r u Lyonik?

Lyonik
22.09.2009, 23:48
I?????I am Lyonik,and why you ask so?

ars83
22.09.2009, 23:48
Talk for yourself, barbarian :beee.

Oh, pardon me poor common guy, Monseur. I thought Your Majesty is in a bed asllep by this time, that's why I dared pronounce these precipitous words :oy

Երկնային
22.09.2009, 23:49
You were a Caterpillar when you were young? Sittin' on a mushroom, smikin' hookah... That's what I'm callin' "sweet".

heh! we could try it, babe! :love:D

Hmm, it's questionable who benefited more from our conversations :P
How's is it going, Nutella? :) Have you started your courses yet?

Today a friend of mine introduced to me a girl who was half-Greek, half-Egyptian from Cypus. She was learning Armenian :) and told me that she loves Armenia and Armenians :think We met a group of Greeks and it was so funny hearing her saying "I wish they would be Armenians" (she disliked their Athenian accent). And when I gave her a cup of tee she thanked me with "Shnorhakalutyun, paron" :) (very polite, indeed). I answered: "Khndrem, oriord" and had a feeling of being one of Armenian aristocrats of 19th century. :)

oooo :8:D

Ars, we will talk about my being Nutella or not, when I get my chocolate and... and other gifts! :P:D

Yes, I have my classes and I really do like it! :) and I like so much our teacher, but unfortunately he is too old for me :D

And what about u? How r u? :oy

Երկնային
22.09.2009, 23:50
you have already forgotten about me?:think

Do u have other children? How old is ur son? :) I adore children :love and they like me :oy

ars83
22.09.2009, 23:51

He has a wonderful look, as any child, though :) How old is he?

Հայկօ
22.09.2009, 23:52

By the way, did you know that the most perverted morals reigned behind the scenes of aristocrat saloons of 19th century? :8

I want to be an aristocrat. French, preferably. Louis 14th or something. It should be cool to be referred to as "Your Majesty" :king.

Երկնային
He has a wonderful look, as any child, though :) How old is he?
I was the first to ask! :beee

Lyonik
Do u have other children? How old is ur son? :) I adore children :love and they like me :oy
No! he is my first and only,he's1.5 already,

Երկնային
22.09.2009, 23:53
Hayk, I want to learn French :oy

ars83
22.09.2009, 23:56
Ars, we will talk about my being Nutella or not, when I get my chocolate and... and other gifts! :P:D

O tempora! O mores! :o What a shrewdness, I'd say.

Yes, I have my classes and I really do like it! :)
Nice to hear :)

And what about u? How r u? :oy
I'm getting more and more happy enjoying Mozart's arias performed by Diana Damrau :) and talking to you nice people there ;)
I'm going to have a presentation on my work tomorrow.

Հայկօ
22.09.2009, 23:58
heh! we could try it, babe! :love:D
Try what, a hookah or some mushrooms? :love I love mushrooms. I love especially the big pink flying elephant who visits me every time I eat one of those reds with white dots on the hat :oy. He's nice, and he can talk, too.

Երկնային
I'm getting more and more happy enjoying Mozart's arias performed by Diana Damrau :) and talking to you nice people there ;)
I'm going to have a presentation on my work tomorrow.

So when r u returning? :)

Հայկօ
Hayk, I want to learn French :oy

Light to my eye :angry.

ԿԳԴ
22.09.2009, 23:59
What's up...I can't speek in the english and i am very happy barthday to you, came to the blakbord my little dog and i am very hangri tooooooo you... :crazy

Երկնային
23.09.2009, 00:00
Try what, a hookah or some mushrooms? :love I love mushrooms. I love especially the big pink flying elephant who visits me every time I eat one of those reds with white dots on the hat :oy. He's nice, and he can talk, too.

Really? I wanna hear him singin' a song about butterflies :love

Երկնային
23.09.2009, 00:01
Light to my eye :angry.

so? :oy:D

ars83
23.09.2009, 00:02
By the way, did you know that the most perverted morals reigned behind the scenes of aristocrat saloons of 19th century? :8
So what, my intriguant friend? ;)

I want to be an aristocrat. French, preferably. Louis 14th or something. It should be cool to be referred to as "Your Majesty" :king.
You could teach Kerberos to great you with something equivalent to "Your Majesty" :P
Unless its Mistress minds that ;)

ars83
23.09.2009, 00:03
So when r u returning? :)

Oh no! :blin On the first of October, I told you :) (did I, BTW? :think)

Երկնային
23.09.2009, 00:04
Oh no! :blin On the first of October, I told you :) (did I, BTW? :think)

no, u didn't :) ;)

Ֆոտոն
23.09.2009, 00:23
Hey, how funny is your talk, just wonderful! :D
Ars83, did you forget about my request to find Armenian Little Singers' concert in the internet? ;)
Just reminding you...

ars83
23.09.2009, 00:24
:D I have to confess something.

I'm staying at a French hostel :[ and there are many (young) people around who like to make noise in the evening (though it's forbidden to do so after 10 PM). They can, for example gather in the kitchen (which is not so far away from my room) and speak and laugh loudly :think
I could, of course, ask them to speak in a lower voice, but I've found a more effective method. Here it is :))
You find on your laptop one of the most aggressive Scriabin's sonatas (say, no.5, not bearable to the most of human beings :)), loved by me) and start playing it on your laptop. Of course you take the volume of your laptop to the highest possible level and you open your door a bit (to serve this divine music to the people outside). And voilà, after 5 minutes there is nobody in the kitchen, everyone is in their room, trying to drown out Scriabin's masterpiece with their mean pop-rock-rap scrap. In the meantime you are walking in your room or in the corridor with a gentle smile on your face. :):oy

ars83
23.09.2009, 00:26
Hey, how funny is your talk, just wonderful! :D
Ars83, did you forget about my request to find Armenian Little Singers' concert in the internet? ;)
Just reminding you...
Hi :) To be honest, I did :oy But I think I'll look it up in next few days... sorry

Lyonik
23.09.2009, 00:28
how i understand you dont want to teach me,than i go to sleep,good night,you all knew each other and i dont want teribble you,sorry

ars83
23.09.2009, 00:30
how i understand you dont want to teach me,than i go to sleep,good night,you all knew each other and i dont want teribble you,sorry

Lyonik, you can teach yourself a bit just practicing your English here :)
You are not troubling anyone, of course ;)

Երկնային
23.09.2009, 00:31
hey, what do u want us to teach u? :) it doesn't matter that u don't know us, we can get to know each other :)

Lyonik
23.09.2009, 00:32
thanks so much!good night:ok

Երկնային
23.09.2009, 00:33
Good night, u're welcome here any time :)

ars83
23.09.2009, 00:34
good night:ok

Bye :)

Ambrosine
23.09.2009, 00:37
No, im in the corner of the room and the capital of Armenia is Yerevan:}

OMG, your avatar :o :D

And I hate politics :[
What a shame!!!!!:o How dare you...?:angry

What's up...I can't speek in the english and i am very happy barthday to you, came to the blakbord my little dog and i am very hangri tooooooo you... :crazy
:lol
I've died /:))))))/ english school too :D

Ambrosine
23.09.2009, 00:45

No no, only not Ludwig 14th... he was a great, of course, but at the end he had made many mistakes, which were decisive for France.

Ֆոտոն
23.09.2009, 01:05
Hi :) To be honest, I did :oy But I think I'll look it up in next few days... sorry

There's nothing to excuse. ;)

Story.
Once Chinese teacher was living with my grandmother, 2 years ago. She was teaching Chinese in Armenia by English, and I thought she knows English better than me. So, once I suggested her to walk in Yerevan through sights. I was telling her many interesting stories about our sculptures and so on, nearly 3-4 hours. It was difficult for me but I tried to tell her an anecdote, after which she asked me something stupid.:'
Oh my God! She understood nothing, :8 Terrible English.

snow
23.09.2009, 11:12
hello, can I join you???? I spaek english a few, but anderstand you.:oy

Լեո
23.09.2009, 11:40
hello, can I join you???? I spaek english a few, but anderstand you.:oy

Maybe you wanted to say "understand"? :think

Լեո
23.09.2009, 11:43

Oh, your English is so beautiful :love I like it :love

Elmo
23.09.2009, 11:46

Coca Cola

snow
23.09.2009, 11:56
Maybe you wanted to say "understand"? :think
:oy Yes, I wanted to said understand, sorry for mistake;)

Լեո
23.09.2009, 12:13
:oy Yes, I wanted to said understand, sorry for mistake;)
Wanted to say ;)

snow
23.09.2009, 12:41
Wanted to say ;)
why? past simple of say- said, isn't it?

Գալաթեա
23.09.2009, 14:20
why? past simple of say- said, isn't it?

Yes, it is, but you already put the verb "want" in past tense. So you don't need to past the "say" too. In Armenian it is the same. Ես ուզում էի ասել:

Ձայնալար
23.09.2009, 15:07
What a wonderfull topic :)) I can tape wtihout pressing "esc.". But how can I say Մոդերատորական in English? Moderatorian? :D:D

Գալաթեա
23.09.2009, 15:08
What a wonderfull topic :)) I can tape wtihout pressing "esc.". But how can I say Մոդերատորական in English? Moderatorian? :D:D

Moderatorical :D

Ձայնալար
23.09.2009, 15:15
something like alkoholical :D

Venus
23.09.2009, 15:54
Hi ! here I am :P
5 years ago I was a student in the University of Managmant in faculty of translator, but I studied only 2 years . So I don't now how much correct I remember english and don't forget it. So in this club, I think, my english will become better. :)

Ձայնալար
23.09.2009, 15:57
This topic "opens" me :D

Գալաթեա
23.09.2009, 15:59

And it makes you "scream", yes? :D

Երկնային
23.09.2009, 16:01
Lets get the party started, babe! :D

One_Way_Ticket
23.09.2009, 16:02
Venus, make a note on your finger in order not to forget the English :)

One_Way_Ticket
23.09.2009, 16:07
Heavenly (Երկնային), your new avatar is very beautiful.

Ձայնալար
23.09.2009, 16:09
And it makes you "scream", yes? :D

Lets get the party started, babe! :D

Let's twist again like we didn't last summer :oy

Երկնային
23.09.2009, 16:36
Let's twist again like we didn't last summer :oy

I'm goin' to party in a few hours, so u can join me! :P

Heavenly (Երկնային), your new avatar is very beautiful.

I'm glad u like it :) that's a gift from Kita :)
Actually I like ur nick, sounds quite unique ;)

Ներսես_AM
23.09.2009, 17:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

Ձայնալար
23.09.2009, 17:14
I'm goin' to party in a few hours, so u can join me! :P

I have to go home to see my wall painter Antonio :love

Ֆրեյա
23.09.2009, 17:17
Hi there !!!
What a nice idea to have such a chat open!
So, what`s new, my friends?:)

Ֆրեյա
23.09.2009, 17:20
I have to go home to see my wall painter Antonio :love

:D Jizzz !!! Dzay, did you translate that poor lad`s name?
but why to italian? is your painter an italian?

Ռուֆուս
23.09.2009, 19:01
Moderator's Note. In order to reduce the flood, please be warned that the posts in this thread will be periodically deleted. Have fun.

Անգլերեն չիմացողների համար տեղադրում եմ թարգմանությունը :))

Մոդերատորական: Կարդացեք Ակումբի կանոնադրությունը (http://www.akumb.am/rules.php)։ Մասնավորապես ֆորումում արգելվում են օտար լեզվով գրառումները: Եթե ինչ-որ պատճառով հայերեն մեքենագրելու հետ կապված դժվարություններ կան, ապա կարող եք օգտագործել ֆորումում ներդրված հայերեն մեքենագրման համակարգը (http://www.akumb.am/showthread.php?t=497), Տրանսլիտի ձևափոխիչը (http://www.akumb.am/showthread.php?t=42)կամ կարդացեք «Ինչպե՞ս գրել հայերեն (http://www.akumb.am/showthread.php?t=279)» թեման: Կամ էլ օգտվեք Փոխարկիչից։ (http://hayeren.am/?p=convertor)

Ձայնալար
23.09.2009, 19:23
:D Jizzz !!! Dzay, did you translate that poor lad`s name?
but why to italian? is your painter an italian?

He is like an italian :D

Ruf you are a fire (boc es) :D

Ձայնալար
23.09.2009, 19:27
Moderator's Note. In order to reduce the flood, please be warned that the posts in this thread will be periodically deleted. Have fun.

Անգլերեն չիմացողների համար տեղադրում եմ թարգմանությունը :))

Մոդերատորական: Կարդացեք Ակումբի կանոնադրությունը (http://www.akumb.am/rules.php)։ Մասնավորապես ֆորումում արգելվում են օտար լեզվով գրառումները: Եթե ինչ-որ պատճառով հայերեն մեքենագրելու հետ կապված դժվարություններ կան, ապա կարող եք օգտագործել ֆորումում ներդրված հայերեն մեքենագրման համակարգը (http://www.akumb.am/showthread.php?t=497), Տրանսլիտի ձևափոխիչը (http://www.akumb.am/showthread.php?t=42)կամ կարդացեք «Ինչպե՞ս գրել հայերեն (http://www.akumb.am/showthread.php?t=279)» թեման: Կամ էլ օգտվեք Փոխարկիչից։ (http://hayeren.am/?p=convertor)

I think it is reasonable to copy Moderator's note to the first post (with or without translation :)) ).

Ռուֆուս
23.09.2009, 19:34
I think it is reasonable to copy Moderator's note to the first post (with or without translation :)) ).

Done!!! Vocal Chords, are you happy now? :D

Your nickname is "the end" :D

Ձայնալար
23.09.2009, 19:36
Yes, now I'm fully satisfied :D

Հայկօ
23.09.2009, 19:38

I've already mentioned the "moderatoroholic" tyranny in the first post :(. You terrorists :angry. Come on, bring on the Big Rusty Hide, destroy my little club :ցռը.

Rufus, I think that as long as the conversation stays in English, it shouldn't be treated like an off top, 'cause the point here is just to speak English for a practice, and, of course, to try to correct each others mistakes. I mean this topic has not a strict thematic direction, one can write here just about everything, only if that "everything" is in English and, of course, do not violate Akumb's rules, except the "Armenian-only" one :).

Ձայնալար
23.09.2009, 19:41
Mr Round, the posts will be removed just for memory resource saving, like in the armenian chat topic.

Մանուլ
23.09.2009, 19:43
Mr Round, the posts will be removed just for memory resurse saving, like in the armenian chat topic.

Aaaaa :lol Your nicknames are soooo funny in English :D Vocal Chords... :))

Ռուֆուս
23.09.2009, 19:45
I've already mentioned the "moderatoroholic" tyranny in the first post :(. You terrorists :angry. Come on, bring on the Big Rusty Hide, destroy my little club :ցռը.

Rufus, I think that as long as the conversation stays in English, it shouldn't be treated like an off top, 'cause the point here is just to speak English for a practice, and, of course, to try to correct each others mistakes. I mean this topic has not a strict thematic direction, one can write here just about everything, only if that "everything" is in English and, of course, do not violate Akumb's rules, except the "Armenian-only" one :).

Hayko jan, right now there's little difference between this thread and Զրուցարան, so I see no reason why we should keep hundreds of pages of flood in Akumb. Don't worry though, the posts will be deleted once in a couple of months. :)

Ներսես_AM
23.09.2009, 19:55
Die around you, Rufus, why do you want to delete the thread?

Ռուֆուս
23.09.2009, 20:01
Die around you, Rufus, why do you want to delete the thread?

Nerses jan, read carefully. Nobody wants to delete the thread! Only posts will be deleted just like in Զրուցարան.

Հայկօ
23.09.2009, 20:03
Aaaaa :lol Your nicknames are soooo funny in English :D Vocal Chords... :))

Personally I prefer "Audio Strings" :)). Or just "Strings". But not vocal. And not on a male.

Գալաթեա
23.09.2009, 20:28
I think that this English speaking club's posts are not comparable with the one's in Zrucaran, where mainly Sisuan's tituans are discussed.

This can be of good help to those who want to improve their English.
Here can be raised some questions about grammar or stylistics of the language.
So, no need to be that strict էլի.

Yevuk
23.09.2009, 21:04
Hey!!!! I'm glad to meet you here too, in English chat!!!!:hi It's a good idea!!!! Hayk, thanx a lot for this theme!!!!:love
I just wanna improve my English, too!!!!! At school I think I was good in English, but now I'm not learning properly at the university......:(and I think we'll have a nice talk to each other!!!!!! See ya...:)

P.S. If I make some mistakes here, please, tell me about it!!!! :) I wanna study :aha

Մանուլ
23.09.2009, 21:08
Personally I prefer "Audio Strings" :)). Or just "Strings". But not vocal. And not on a male.

:))
I didn't get it, "And not on a male." :8

Yevuk
23.09.2009, 21:12
:))
I didn't get it, "And not on a male." :8

Manul, you're really happy!!!!! I've seen it on the beach,:[ it was awful :[

Ռուֆուս
23.09.2009, 21:49
It's a good idea!!!! Hayk, thanx a lot for this theme!!!!
Actually this is called a forum topic or a thread, not a theme :)

Լեո
23.09.2009, 21:51
Barcelona forever :love

Լեո
23.09.2009, 21:58
You are my first love :love I love you sooo much :oy You are beautiful, you are wonderful :love
You are the BEST :ok

P.S. I am a chair :crazy

Yevuk
23.09.2009, 22:13
Barcelona forever :love

You are my first love :love I love you sooo much :oy You are beautiful, you are wonderful :love

:blin Vlad, are these sentences connected with each other? :blin

ԿԳԴ
23.09.2009, 22:16
I am a chair Nice to meet you, i am a chair too :crazy

impression
23.09.2009, 22:18
Guys, who is looking after this thread? I mean is there anyone to clean up the mess afterwards?
Or are we supposed to feel free to do whatever we want?

Մանուլ
23.09.2009, 22:23
Manul, you're really happy!!!!! I've seen it on the beach,:[ it was awful :[

Aaa :D. I thought, Mr Round was talking about ... mmm... Dzaynalar :))

Nadine
23.09.2009, 22:23

Hmmm... I wonder who these phrases are meant for???? :think

Ռուֆուս
23.09.2009, 22:32
Guys, who is looking after this thread? I mean is there anyone to clean up the mess afterwards?
Or are we supposed to feel free to do whatever we want?

Don't worry my impressed friend, we'll clean it up ;) Just try to correct other's mistakes if you can! :)

After smoking a hookah I feel like in heavens... :love :oy

Լեո
23.09.2009, 22:53
Nice to meet you, i am a chair too :crazy

Hello, colleague :hands

Լեո
23.09.2009, 22:58
Hmmm... I wonder who these phrases are meant for???? :think

Those phrases are for the best football club in the world. :love Its name is Barcelona :love

Nadine
23.09.2009, 23:05
Those phrases are for the best football club in the world. :love Its name is Barcelona :love
LOL. Thought they were meant for someone special...:oy

Ներսես_AM
23.09.2009, 23:55
I don't know what are you thinking about your english knowledge, but I know one thing, that Vocal String has the highest knowledge of english. Only Vocal Strings understands what "die around you" phrase means in my previous post.

AniwaR
23.09.2009, 23:55

in d middle o da nite?:B

aber möchte ich deutsch sprechen:( nicht englisch:(

Հայկօ
24.09.2009, 00:10
I don't know what are you thinking about your english knowledge, but I know one thing, that Vocal String has the highest knowledge of english. Only Vocal Strings understands what "die around you" phrase means in my previous post.

Not only, my spring brother :)).

Տատ
24.09.2009, 00:14
aber möchte ich deutsch sprechen:( nicht englisch:(
Ach ja? Das ist doch wunderbar, nett, einen Deutschliebhaber kennenzulernen!
:ok

Ներսես_AM
24.09.2009, 00:15
I see only one rating for that post, and no other feedback neither in ratings, nor here in the thread. :think

AniwaR
24.09.2009, 00:44

Guuut!! Ich kann sehr gut Französisch und Englisch sprechen, aber mein Deutsch ist furchtbar! Ich werde eine Theme für Deutsch offnen, und können Sie bitte mir helfen zu studieren??? :8 Sehen Sie?... Es ist furchtbar:(:oy

Ռուֆուս
24.09.2009, 00:49
Guuut!! Ich kann sehr gut Französisch und Englisch sprechen, aber mein Deutsch ist furchtbar! Ich werde eine Theme für Deutsch offnen, und können Sie bitte mir helfen zu studieren??? :8 Sehen Sie?... Es ist furchtbar:(:oy

I just want to remind you gals, that we speak only ENGLISH here, not German ;)

Տատ
24.09.2009, 00:54
I just want to remind you gals, that we speak only ENGLISH here, not German ;)
Ամեն ինչ լեզուների մասին: Լեզվաբանական հարցերի քննարկումներ:

Gut. wir gehen, Velvet:beee

Լեո
24.09.2009, 00:58
Ich spreche Deutsch auch :))

Das Komma zwischen der Ordinalzahl und dem adjektivischen Attribut, ob es „manch kleines Problem” oder doch eher „manches kleine Problem” heißt sowie sprachliche Besonderheiten des Osterfestes. :think

Rhayader
24.09.2009, 03:55
Gamarjoba. Who called Chuck Norris?

Rhayader
24.09.2009, 04:02
The European Commission have just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5 year phase in plan that would be known as "EuroEnglish": --

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c".. Sertainly, this will make the sivil sevants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favor of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"'s in the language is disgraceful, and they should go away.

By the 4th yar, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaiining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!

Mephistopheles
24.09.2009, 07:10
I didn't have chance to read it all, but will try to catch up with you

Venus
24.09.2009, 09:32
Venus, make a note on your finger in order not to forget the English :)

thank you for advance :D I will do ;)

Ձայնալար
24.09.2009, 10:28

Chinese :scare

Mephistopheles
24.09.2009, 14:20
so....what do we do here? just speak? would be nice to have a topic of discussion. It'll help a lot... politics, daily life, art or so?

Let me know .... I'm open

Mephistopheles
24.09.2009, 14:28
The European Commission have just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5 year phase in plan that would be known as "EuroEnglish": --

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c".. Sertainly, this will make the sivil sevants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favor of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"'s in the language is disgraceful, and they should go away.

By the 4th yar, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaiining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!

Yah... the dream will come true and we all will speak like Frankenstein or Dracula rather.... this will be germanizing the English.... Hitlers dream part one....

love the joke :hands:D

Ֆրեյա
24.09.2009, 17:55
Hi !! Is anyone here?

Or shall I wait for a better time to hang around? :think

Հայկօ
24.09.2009, 18:32
You know what's the best part of this club? All the "O"s are perfectly round :)).

Mephisto, the main target here for me is just to speak (write) English; the conversation theme has a secondary signification, IMHO. In other words, it isn't important what you say, it's more important how you say it.

I'll be very grateful for my every linguistic mistake that you'll correct and explain.

Mephistopheles
24.09.2009, 22:50
You know what's the best part of this club? All the "O"s are perfectly round :)).

Mephisto, the main target here for me is just to speak (write) English; the conversation theme has a secondary signification, IMHO. In other words, it isn't important what you say, it's more important how you say it.

I'll be very grateful for my every linguistic mistake that you'll correct and explain.

You're doing quite well, I'm impressed. But still we need a topic. We can't speak for the sake of speaking

Think of a topic

Գալաթեա
24.09.2009, 22:58
You're doing quite well, I'm impressed. But still we need a topic. We can't speak for the sake of speaking

Think of a topic

A topic...
Today in my favorite bar in Yerevan the Beatles were singing...and it did remind me of you :)

It was nice :)

Mephistopheles
25.09.2009, 00:18
A topic...
Today in my favorite bar in Yerevan the Beatles were singing...and it did remind me of you :)

It was nice :)

Thanks Gal you are too nice to me... I'm thinking maybe I don't deserve such a kind attention from you... It's quite obligatory.

I'm sure you know that there's been a remastered release of all Bteatle songs and albums in 09.09.09 (September 9, 2009). It's very popular here. They play it everywhere. Interesting enough they're in the first place among best sellers. Ironic isn't it, after 30 years from the day they broke up they are still number one...

Գալաթեա
25.09.2009, 01:12
Thanks Gal you are too nice to me... I'm thinking maybe I don't deserve such a kind attention from you... It's quite obligatory.

I'm sure you know that there's been a remastered release of all Bteatle songs and albums in 09.09.09 (September 9, 2009). It's very popular here. They play it everywhere. Interesting enough they're in the first place among best sellers. Ironic isn't it, after 30 years from the day they broke up they are still number one...

No wonder in fact..
I wouldn't change one single song of theirs (almost any) with a whole two part concert of some mega popular star..

Still their guitar gently weeps :)

And by the way, nothing obligatory, ok? I am not kind at all.
I just like you :)

Mephistopheles
25.09.2009, 06:45
No wonder in fact..
I wouldn't change one single song of theirs (almost any) with a whole two part concert of some mega popular star..

Still their guitar gently weeps :)

And by the way, nothing obligatory, ok? I am not kind at all.
I just like you :)

I agree completely... The Beatles (and the 60's) aren't just song and music. they were rather voice of a rebellious generation. They changed the face of the music forever. It was a phenomenon, whereas now or I should say after 80's included it's more about making a hit sell bunch of albums and get out of the business

You know what I like about 60's The Beatles, Jetro Tull, The Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin...etc....the freedom... the freedom to explore, experiment and rebel ..... something that we are missing a lot ..... don't you think?

Hey Gal,....... thank you so much for being who you are.... don't change ..... you guys are great... all of you

Գալաթեա
25.09.2009, 14:34
I agree completely... The Beatles (and the 60's) aren't just song and music. they were rather voice of a rebellious generation. They changed the face of the music forever. It was a phenomenon, whereas now or I should say after 80's included it's more about making a hit sell bunch of albums and get out of the business

You know what I like about 60's The Beatles, Jetro Tull, The Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin...etc....the freedom... the freedom to explore, experiment and rebel ..... something that we are missing a lot ..... don't you think?

Hey Gal,....... thank you so much for being who you are.... don't change ..... you guys are great... all of you

Amazing is, that I can still feel that freedom in that music :)
When I hear "Summerrime" by Janis, I feel that summer, really :) I never experienced that feeliing with other numerous "Summertimes".
All in all, they new the True; all we need is Love.

ministr
25.09.2009, 22:27
Hi folks..

Whassup? :)
I see you are having good time here ..

C u later ;)

Mephistopheles
26.09.2009, 03:23
Amazing is, that I can still feel that freedom in that music :)
When I hear \"Summerrime\" by Janis, I feel that summer, really :) I never experienced that feeliing with other numerous \"Summertimes\".
All in all, they new the True; all we need is Love.

that's a unique interpretation of the "Summertime" ... Ball and Chain......... :nobody has done it like she did... I remember Ella Fitzgerald's version ... very good, but nothing like Janis'. She literally detrimental the song and put it back together..... this is all blues although everybody says it's rock.........

I was listening "Little he;p from my friends" Beatle song by Joe Cocker in Woodstock.... one of the rear versions of a Beatle song that is brilliant.... usually nobody can sing a Beatle sing better thah them, but this one is an accept ion... here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYDvQ1HH-E

Rhayader
26.09.2009, 03:32
Yah... the dream will come true and we all will speak like Frankenstein or Dracula rather.... this will be germanizing the English.... Hitlers dream part one....

love the joke :hands:D

Zis iz not a jok.

Mephistopheles
26.09.2009, 03:41
Zis iz not a jok.

you're kidding, right?

I understand modifying and simplifying "PH", "gh" "c" and so n , but "z" and "v" instead of "th" and "w" is ridiculous : these are beautiful sound... I don't want to sound like a German officer from world war two movies

Rhayader
26.09.2009, 03:48
you're kidding, right?

I understand modifying and simplifying "PH", "gh" "c" and so n , but "z" and "v" instead of "th" and "w" is ridiculous : these are beautiful sound... I don't want to sound like a German officer from world war two movies

yu hev enifing against german ofisers? ay em not kiding

Mephistopheles
26.09.2009, 11:32
yu hev enifing against german ofisers? ay em not kiding

German Nazi officer.... not just German: bro we haven't adapted the new grammar right?

Can you write "old" English...Please, I'm having a hard time to read....

Գալաթեա
26.09.2009, 13:02
German Nazi officer.... not just German: bro we haven't adapted the new grammar right?

Can you write "old" English...Please, I'm having a hard time to read....

Do not pay attention to our little Armenian friend's "ingliշ".
He just likes showing off.
Very much :)

Thanks for the song. I love it :)

impression
26.09.2009, 19:23
FYI
our Zoo smells like shit

:very angry

Հայկօ
26.09.2009, 19:32
FYI
our Zoo smells like shit

But it's a wild, exotic, ecologically clean shit, dude! :)). Not like the ordinary, civilized human shit. Her Excellence Mother Nature Herself :love. Greenpeace forever!

Mephistopheles
26.09.2009, 20:49
FYI
our Zoo smells like shit

it's a kind of a perfume in it's own right..

impression
26.09.2009, 20:51
But it's a wild, exotic, ecologically clean shit, dude! :)). Not like the ordinary, civilized human shit. Her Excellence Mother Nature Herself :love. Greenpeace forever!

oh yes, I nearly died there because of it... how VERY disgusting

Lyonik
26.09.2009, 20:55
HELLOOOOOOO!!:oy

impression
26.09.2009, 20:58
hi, Lyonik :)

Lyonik
26.09.2009, 21:00
What are you speaking about?

impression
26.09.2009, 21:03
nothing special

_Հրաչ_
26.09.2009, 21:04
Here we speak about perfume shit!!:D

Հայկօ
26.09.2009, 21:07
What are you speaking about?

Hi !

About digested food.

Do you like hippopotamus's digested food?

It's a very serious problem.

impression
26.09.2009, 21:08
Lamas smell worse. It's awful.

Lyonik
26.09.2009, 21:11
Hi !

About digested food.

Do you like hippopotamus's digested food?

It's a very serious problem.

sorryyyyy!:oy i dont understant your question

Հայկօ
26.09.2009, 21:13
Let's talk about something less... natural :).

Do you feel like the world is collapsing and you are caught somewhere between hell and heaven and you just want to sleep a little but your room is occupied by four fearsomely-yelling-maniacally-smoking-beer-drinking-BLOT-playing friends and one of them just cruelly banged your beloved guitar on the floor?

Հայկօ
26.09.2009, 21:16
sorryyyyy!:oy i dont understant your question

Actually, it isn't important :). I were just kiddin', as usual. I'm a very liquid person, you know :(.

Lyonik
26.09.2009, 21:17
Actually, it isn't important :). I were just kiddin', as usual. I'm a very liquid person, you know :(.

:hands

Ilona
26.09.2009, 21:22
Hello, it's really nice to see u all here. By the way this is for the first time I managed to write smth here. I'm getting used to this page. I can't boast of anything yet, but I'm making progress:)

Yevuk
26.09.2009, 21:36
Hello, it's really nice to see u all here. By the way this is for the first time I managed to write smth here. I'm getting used to this page. I can't boast of anything yet, but I'm making progress:)

Hi, Ilona!!!!! Nice to meet you!!!! Congratulations and welocme!!!!:)

Ilona
26.09.2009, 21:47
Hi, Ilona!!!!! Nice to meet you!!!! Congratulations and welocme!!!!:)

Hiiii! Thanks a lot! I already like it here:hands

Գալաթեա
26.09.2009, 22:33
Some page ago I've quoted one of my favorite words sang by the Breatles...
All we need is Love.
Today I was coming home in a "marshrutka" which I happen to use very rarely.

I sat at the very back seat, by the window, and on the back side of the seat right in front of me, with a white chalk, was written... All you need is Love...

And I can't help thinkiing...what a f...in' coincidence...

Ֆոտոն
26.09.2009, 22:46
Are you mad?
That's written for the driver.;)

Mephistopheles
27.09.2009, 22:28
Some page ago I've quoted one of my favorite words sang by the Breatles...
All we need is Love.
Today I was coming home in a \"marshrutka\" which I happen to use very rarely.

I sat at the very back seat, by the window, and on the back side of the seat right in front of me, with a white chalk, was written... All you need is Love...

And I can't help thinkiing...what a f...in' coincidence...

here you go baby.......Love is all you need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzJ2NKp23WU

Գալաթեա
28.09.2009, 00:47
Thanks Meph...
I am speechless :)

impression
28.09.2009, 07:19
Why does this thread "open" me? :D:D

Հայկօ
28.09.2009, 07:22
Why does this thread "open" me? :D:D

'cause it's a "poison" thread, bro.

No Broken Hearted Girl
28.09.2009, 21:44
Hi!
May I join you?

Ilona
28.09.2009, 22:34
Hi!
May I join you?

Hello! Glad to see u here! :hands

No Broken Hearted Girl
28.09.2009, 22:38
Hello! Glad to see u here! :hands

Thanks! I am also very glad:):):)

Mephistopheles
29.09.2009, 07:58
Guys we've got to think of a topic...politics, art, .....something....gott to have a reason to hang out here....

"Yes, I am a table in the middle of the room"

Ilona
29.09.2009, 21:40
Ppl, if it's not difficult, could u write some phrases used in hotel industry? Thanks in advance!

blablabla
29.09.2009, 22:01
Hi folks.. hope you're doing well. nice to have such a thread here in "all in armenian" forum and thanks to Hayko for that.. actually it's not a bad idea to improve english in this way, but I think there must be something to talk about, a topic about.. say life, culture, nature, human beings and so on, so we could express our feelings, tell our opinions in english. I think disscusion is a better way to improvement than just chatting, cause you'll need to form an idea about what you're going to tell and in general that's harder.. um.. I guess I have wrote too much for the first time. keep it going. Cheers! ;)

Ֆրեյա
29.09.2009, 22:29
Hi!
May I join you?

What a cute nickname ! I really like it ! :)

Welcome ! :)

Ֆրեյա
29.09.2009, 22:36
Hi folks.. hope you're doing well. nice to have such a thread here in "all in armenian" forum and thanks to Hayko for that.. actually it's not a bad idea to improve english in this way, but I think there must be something to talk about, a topic about.. say life, culture, nature, human beings and so on, so we could express our feelings, tell our opinions in english. I think disscusion is a better way to improvement than just chatting, cause you'll need to form an idea about what you're going to tell and in general that's harder.. um.. I guess I have wrote written too much for the first time. keep it going. Cheers! ;)

Hiii~ :) You see, youre doing well already with this passage ! :)

I suggest a topic ! lets talk about cheating. What do you think? do we need to lie sometimes, or one must tell the truth always and anyway ?
Join if you feel like it :)

ars83
29.09.2009, 22:56
I suggest a topic ! lets talk about cheating. What do you think? do we need to lie sometimes, or one must tell the truth always and anyway ?
Hi :)
Very interesting question. I think there can be circumstances when it's inevitable to lie. In particular, when there is a threat to the life of those who are precious to us and you can (try) to help them with your lie. But the lie should not be an excuse for our own desires. Well, this is what I think.

Ilona
29.09.2009, 23:00

hello! An interesting topic for discussion! In my opinion the best way of communicating with ppl is to tell the truth all the time, only then u can get the reputation of a trustworthy person...

Ilona
29.09.2009, 23:00
By the way, I wonder why ppl ignored my request?:(

Ֆրեյա
29.09.2009, 23:09
Good evening, monsenior ! :)

Is there a soul on the Earth that did not lie ever?
I bet, the answer is no, unfortunately...
But it is so contradictory! How to detect whether a person tells a lie for his own sake or for a higher aim?

ars83
29.09.2009, 23:19

Bonsoir, Mademoiselle :hi

Not for sure.

But it is so contradictory! How to detect whether a person tells a lie for his own sake or for a higher aim?
In principle, your conscience should tell you. Anyway the lie should be the "last resort" I think and not something for everyday use. :think
BTW, sometimes it's not easy to behave tolerantly when others deceive you, but it's more unbearable when you lie to others, do you agree?

Ֆրեյա
29.09.2009, 23:29
Bonsoir, Mademoiselle :hi

Not for sure.

In principle, your conscience should tell you. Anyway the lie should be the "last resort" I think and not something for everyday use. :think
BTW, sometimes it's not easy to behave tolerantly when others deceive you, but it's more unbearable when you lie to others, do you agree?

Aaa~, it depends on the personality. Some people feel more comfortable when they lie rather then when they tell the truth, because they cheated sooo many times that it became a rutine for them. And only trule honest or pure people can feel frustration when cheating someone not addicted to lie. :)

blablabla
30.09.2009, 01:06

well, first of all thanks for your correction :)
yup.. nice topic indeed. but all i can say for that case is it's sometimes better to lie than to say the truth (not for your own sake of course), but at the same time i should say that even in that case if you'll think a lil bit further you'll see that that's for your own sake too and that's not only in the case of lying.. so, what i mean is that i think somtimes it's better to lie, but there are exceptions in "SOMETIMES" where it's better to lie but it's a must to say the truth even if the consequence is not as nice as it would be if you'll lie

P.S. that's IMHO

Mephistopheles
30.09.2009, 11:45
Hi :)
Very interesting question. I think there can be circumstances when it's inevitable to lie. In particular, when there is a threat to the life of those who are precious to us and you can (try) to help them with your lie. But the lie should not be an excuse for our own desires. Well, this is what I think.

this is the idea of the lie...otherwise it wold be fantasizing.... and because we do it so often (I don't know about you, but do it all the time, just like it) it becomes a habit, so me lie anyway, for no reason....

Mephistopheles
30.09.2009, 11:47
By the way, I wonder why ppl ignored my request?:(

what was your question again?

Mephistopheles
30.09.2009, 11:52

I bet, the answer is no, unfortunately...

would you mind to describe the higher aim, please?.... we usually give different names to the word "lie".....such as, mistake, misguide, error

Գալաթեա
30.09.2009, 11:58
So did we succeed in finding a topic? :)

Mephistopheles
30.09.2009, 12:10
seems like....

Mephistopheles
30.09.2009, 12:22

so...what do you think about the lie?.......

Գալաթեա
30.09.2009, 12:41
so...what do you think about the lie?.......

Sometimes necessary but still a nasty thing.
If the "necessary" cases are possibly few, it helps not to feel that nasty.

But anyway, we are to make the cases few.

Ilona
30.09.2009, 13:00
what was your question again?

I asked to write some phrases and expressions usually used in hotel industry!

ars83
30.09.2009, 14:11
this is the idea of the lie...otherwise it wold be fantasizing.... and because we do it so often (I don't know about you, but do it all the time, just like it) it becomes a habit, so me lie anyway, for no reason....
Habit, you say? :think
Do you deceive yourself too?

As to "for no reason", I don't think mentally healthy man does anything without any reason, sometimes the reason is not well-realised, but there is always one. The "habitual lie" my fall in the category of "easy/convenient things to do" (when we are get used to something and are reluctant to change it because it requires some efforts).

P.S. BTW, English experts, did I write correctly: "I don't think mentally healthy man does anything without any reason" or should it be "I don't think mentally healthy man does something without any reason"?
I think, since there's negation ("I don't think"), it should be anything, but I'm not sure.
Thanks for your guidance in advance.

No Broken Hearted Girl
30.09.2009, 18:53
What a cute nickname ! I really like it ! :)

Welcome ! :)

Thank you very much!:):)

blablabla
30.09.2009, 19:48

As to "for no reason", I don't think mentally healthy man does anything without any reason, sometimes the reason is not well-realised, but there is always one. The "habitual lie" my fall in the category of "easy/convenient things to do" (when we are get used to something and are reluctant to change it because it requires some efforts).

P.S. BTW, English experts, did I write correctly: "I don't think mentally healthy man does anything without any reason" or should it be "I don't think mentally healthy man does something without any reason"?
I think, since there's negation ("I don't think"), it should be anything, but I'm not sure.

You did it right :)

ars83
01.10.2009, 02:27
You did it right :)

Oh, thanks! :)

Mephistopheles
01.10.2009, 08:48

Common... don't be so tough.... "Mentally ill" is a bit too strong, it's a loaded word.... our culture and philosophy is based on the "Lie and Truth" so give a little credit to "Lie".... we lie all the time so as you, but it's not necessary makes you a mentally ill person.... by "lying for no reason" I mean a lie for making thing the way you want to see and that's all,such as "I'm late, because I was in traffic jam"....

.....OK, OK, I have a confession to make..... I'm not John Lennon, OK? I don't even look like him... I just like his photo and his songs and The Beatles......

....Now, how many lies did you tell, may I ask?

Mephistopheles
01.10.2009, 08:51
Sometimes necessary but still a nasty thing.
If the "necessary" cases are possibly few, it helps not to feel that nasty.

But anyway, we are to make the cases few.

Hey Gal, you can lie to me .... I can take it.... I'm a liar myself... and I'm not lying about it.... honest

Ջուզեպե Բալզամո
01.10.2009, 18:18
Hi ppl. What's a nice idea, to have this club opened. Good job Hayko (respect). So, let's do some brain massage. What are we talking here about?

Ppl, if it's not difficult, could u write some phrases used in hotel industry? Thanks in advance!

Some phrases? Any phrases? Like " Welcome, what we can do for you", " How many persons you may host?", "When is the check in-out time?", "Would you like to have your breakfast in the bed?", " Do not disturb by any reason (excluding fire)", or " It was nice to have you here, hope to see you again" and sh.. like that? What you really want to know?

About the lie. We all lie, mainly to ourselves. We try to make us see the world, the way we feel comfortable to see it. But we almost never have the courage, to see it- as it is. So we all lie. And sometimes we try to involve others in to our imaginary life, and we lie to others.

Ilona
01.10.2009, 20:40
Hi ppl. What's a nice idea, to have this club opened. Good job Hayko (respect). So, let's do some brain massage. What are we talking here about?

Some phrases? Any phrases? Like " Welcome, what we can do for you", " How many persons you may host?", "When is the check in-out time?", "Would you like to have your breakfast in the bed?", " Do not disturb by any reason (excluding fire)", or " It was nice to have you here, hope to see you again" and sh.. like that? What you really want to know?

These r some general phrases. I need some specific ones... If u know any, of course!;)

Ջուզեպե Բալզամո
01.10.2009, 22:35
These r some general phrases. I need some specific ones... If u know any, of course!;)

Then- specify. What do you want, if not general? It should be a very specific situation in your mind. What kind of situation? Anything else would became a general....

Ilona
01.10.2009, 22:58
Then- specify. What do you want, if not general? It should be a very specific situation in your mind. What kind of situation? Anything else would became a general....

well, if I knew that specific expressions I wouldn't have asked u:)
The specific situations can be for ex. the facilities of the hotel, naming different types of rooms, etc.

ars83
02.10.2009, 22:58
Common... don't be so tough.... "Mentally ill" is a bit too strong, it's a loaded word.... our culture and philosophy is based on the "Lie and Truth" so give a little credit to "Lie".... we lie all the time so as you, but it's not necessary makes you a mentally ill person....
Of course, lie does not make a man metally Ill, and I didn't say such a thing. I wonder how have you deduced that form my comment :think What I was saying is that for mentally healthy person there is always some reason to lie (it can be subconscious and not well-realised but it always exists).

by "lying for no reason" I mean a lie for making thing the way you want to see and that's all,such as "I'm late, because I was in traffic jam"....
The bold part is just the motivation/reason.

....Now, how many lies did you tell, may I ask?
Enough to be fed up.

Ռեդ
03.10.2009, 14:38
Hey, dudes, please let a rookie to join your English party :}:oy
I'm little feisty today. :))

Ilona
09.10.2009, 16:18
I wonder, why we stopped speaking English? Let's think of another topic for discussion:8

Ֆոտոն
09.10.2009, 20:55
So? What about do you think? :8
Results! What can we discuss here? :think

Շինարար
09.10.2009, 21:01
I Know English very vel:) My name is a table:P I was born in Kirovakan in 1982. :P

Ֆոտոն
09.10.2009, 21:13
I Know English very vel:) My name is a table:P I was born in Kirovakan in 1982. :P

Dear table, what is shown on your avatar? Is it museum in Vanadzor?

Ուլուանա
09.10.2009, 21:19
So? What about do you think? :8
Let me correct you. The word order in this sentence is that of Armenian, not English. Besides, in this case Present Continuous tense is more appropriate: ;)
What are you thinking about?

Ֆոտոն
09.10.2009, 21:37
Let me correct you. The word order in this sentence is that of Armenian, not English. Besides, in this case Present Continuous tense is more appropriate: ;)
What are you thinking about?

That was what I wanted to correct. Thnaks!

Շինարար
09.10.2009, 21:50
Dear table, what is shown on your avatar? Is it museum in Vanadzor?

No, it's the oldest church in our town, it was built as far as I know in the 5th century, but I've taken it as an avatar because it's the part of the scene that one can see through my room's window. So, it's like a symbol of my birthplace and in a wider sence it symbolizes everything that I love, everything that is dear for me. Are you pleased with my answer?

Ֆոտոն
09.10.2009, 22:17
No, it's the oldest church in our town, it was built as far as I know in the 5th century, but I've taken it as an avatar because it's the part of the scene that one can see through my room's window. So, it's like a symbol of my birthplace and in a wider sence it symbolizes everything that I love, everything that is dear for me. Are you pleased with my answer?

Thank you for answer!
I have been in Vanadzor many years ago. They took as to the museum. But I can't remember the name of it. I can't even remember what I've seen there.
It's very interesting to see that old church from a window.

Can you translate or just retell the bold text with other words?
Did you mean was I interested in your answer?

Շինարար
09.10.2009, 22:33
I suppose if you you ask a question you should be interested to get an answer to it, but I just ment whether I could give you an exhaustive answer, that's all. :)

Ֆրեյա
09.10.2009, 22:44
Oh ! What a staff !!!! Good night, everybody !
Or maybe, good morning for dear Uluana ;)

ars83
10.10.2009, 00:55
No, it's the oldest church in our town,
What is the name of the church?

Ուլուանա
10.10.2009, 01:29
I hope you won't mind if I correct your mistakes. :oy After all, this is why we are here, right? ;)

Thank you for answer!
I have been in Vanadzor many years ago.[
I was in Vanadzor many years ago.
With "ago" only the Past Indefinie (The Simple Past) is used.

They took as to the museum.
us
This was a typo, I believe, but anyway, when typos result in a change in the meaning, they should be corrected, I think.

Can you translate or just retell the bold text with other words?
...in other words.
I'll try to express the same meaning in other words: Are you satisfied with my answer?

Did you mean was I interested in your answer?
The second part of the sentence must be in the affirmative form, not interrogative:
Did you mean I was interested in your answer?

Oh ! What a staff !!!! Good night, everybody !
Or maybe, good morning for dear Uluana ;)
Good morning and good night, dear Freya! :))

Շինարար
10.10.2009, 11:44
What is the name of the church?

It is calleg ST Virgin's church.

Երկնային
10.10.2009, 19:24
Heyyyy! How are you? :)

Երկնային
10.10.2009, 19:27

Heh :) Nice to meet you, Table jan :))

Շինարար
10.10.2009, 19:31
Me too:) I'm sorry I have made a mistake in that sentence:( It was so stupid of me, I just wanted to say that I love our club Dar, but I wrote it in wrong words. How are you?

Երկնային
10.10.2009, 19:34
Me too:) I'm sorry I have made a mistake in that sentence:( It was so stupid of me, I just wanted to say that I love our club Dar, but I wrote it in wrong words. How are you?

Well, I have a high temperature, so TheraFlu is my best friend of the day :D I hope it will not last long :8

Շինարար
10.10.2009, 19:37
I hope so, it' s too bad. I thought the weather is bad only in here, but I see that in Yerevan also it doesn'n make people happy, you should wear warm clothes.

Ilona
10.10.2009, 20:25
Recentlz Iäve come across an interesting expression "When men and women get together, there are, in effect, two worlds - his and hers. They have defferent values, priorities and habits. They play by different rules". Do u agree?

Երկնային
10.10.2009, 23:59
Recentlz Iäve come across an interesting expression "When men and women get together, there are, in effect, two worlds - his and hers. They have defferent values, priorities and habits. They play by different rules". Do u agree?

Actually even speaking the same language, men and women understand the meanings of the sentences differently. For examples, when during a conversation men utter "hmm, aha" and suchlike words, that means that they listens attentively, and doesn't necessarily mean that they agree. The same words uttered by women mean that they agree with what is being said. So this difference results in misunderstandings for both men and women. :)

By the way, do we have economists in akumb? :think

Շինարար
11.10.2009, 00:12
Actually even speaking the same language, men and women understand the meanings of the sentences differently. For examples, when during a conversation men utter "hmm, aha" and suchlike words, that means that they listens attentively, and doesn't necessarily mean that they agree. The same words uttered by women mean that they agree with what is being said. So this difference results in misunderstandings for both men and women. :)

What I read in your note was a great news for me. I agree that for exsample when I say "hmm, aha" it meens that I listen to the speaker's words attentively, but I could never imagine that for women the same thing meens quite a different thing, so thank you, it was a useful information for me and I'll take it into consideration afterwards.
P. S. And I'm sorry I'm not an economist, just the opposite I'm a great waster, or else I would be happy to be of any service to you.

No Broken Hearted Girl
13.10.2009, 00:32
Երկնային Where you have studied?it's interesting!I mean the university!If it is not personal,

Երկնային
13.10.2009, 00:46
Երկնային Where you have studied?it's interesting!I mean the university!If it is not personal,

I have graduated from Yerevan State Linguistic University after Brusov. (English and Spanish languages specialist :) )
Now I study something that has nothing in common with linguistics :)) marketing :)
And what about you?

No Broken Hearted Girl
13.10.2009, 00:53
I have graduated from Yerevan State Linguistic University after Brusov. (English and Spanish languages specialist :) )
Now I study something that has nothing in common with linguistics :)) marketing :)
And what about you?

ooo, I am also studiing in that university(english and german), very glad, that you have studied there too! :)

No Broken Hearted Girl
13.10.2009, 01:09
Երկնային I Can't write you, because i have only 28 post, i will anser you tomorrow, ok?

Երկնային
13.10.2009, 01:14
Երկնային I Can't write you, because i have only 28 post, i will anser you tomorrow, ok?
ok :)

ars83
13.10.2009, 10:43
Actually even speaking the same language, men and women understand the meanings of the sentences differently. For examples, when during a conversation men utter "hmm, aha" and suchlike words, that means that they listens attentively, and doesn't necessarily mean that they agree.
Exactly! :P This definitely applies to me. My "@h@" usually means that I follow the speaker and nothing more. But I thought it was the same with women. :think

Ilona
16.10.2009, 18:49

I wanted to agree and to add. There is a difference in the usage of questions by men and women. Men ask questions because they need information indeed while women can ask questions just for keeping the conversation going.
Women shift topics gradually and slowly, while men do that briskly.
Men are more independent in their thoughts and actions, while women are more willing to follow the ideas suggested by others.
Women have better verbal skills and intuition:hands
Only Imagine men and women even enter a room differently. When entering a room, men look for exists, estimating a possible threat and ways of escape. I wonder if men agree with that?:)
But women pay attention to the ppl that r in the room.

ars83
16.10.2009, 19:36
When entering a room, men look for exists, estimating a possible threat and ways of escape. I wonder if men agree with that?:)

Possibly yes, if they enter the room accompanied by a dreadful women :))

Հայկօ
16.10.2009, 20:03
When entering a room, men look for exists, estimating a possible threat and ways of escape. I wonder if men agree with that?:)

When I enter the room, all the women quickly estimate the imminent threat and start to desperately look for the ways of escape :oy. So everything is relative, as once said a very clever old man.

How are you doing, guys?

Հայկօ
16.10.2009, 20:08
By the way, did I write the verbs in correct tenses? :8

It's my weakest point.

ars83
16.10.2009, 21:26
How are you doing, guys?

Hi man!
Not bad. Just have had a supper and going to have some grapes, than a peach, and finally an apple. :nyam
And what do you have for your supper, Sir?

Հայկօ
16.10.2009, 21:30
Hi man!
Not bad. Just have had a supper and going to have some grapes, than a peach, and finally an apple. :nyam
And what do you have for your supper, Sir?

Well, it certainly included a huge grape :nyam. Concerning the supper... Only some salad... And as a reward, a fistful of nuts with honey :)). And a killing-strong tea, of course. Can't live without it.

Երկնային
16.10.2009, 22:04
:love

_Հրաչ_
17.10.2009, 00:47
OMG, people, reading your messages I feel a revolution in my stomach. Now, in deep night.:o

Երկնային
17.10.2009, 00:53
OMG, people, reading your messages I feel a revolution in my stomach. Now, in deep night.:o

So, you'd better feed your revolution :))

_Հրաչ_
17.10.2009, 00:58
My soldiers are weak))) They need for food. No food, no fight, no peace:D

Mephistopheles
17.10.2009, 02:17
Well, it certainly included a huge grape :nyam. Concerning the supper... Only some salad... And as a reward, a fistful of nuts with honey :)). And a killing-strong tea, of course. Can't live without it.

…nuts!!!!……fistful!!!!!!!!………wow!!!!!

Ilona
31.10.2009, 17:36
Hello, ppl! How r u doing? why r we so passiv lately?

Agni
31.10.2009, 17:50
Hi Ilona and everybody... i am at work now and today I have a lot of work. But I want to go to hooooome, i am tired....:( ;) Good Bye

Ilona
31.10.2009, 21:59
Now, I suppose, ur work is over and u r at home, so u can be glad with the results of ur work:ok
Moreover it's Sunday tomorrow, so everyone will have the chance to relax after a loooong workweek:hands

Adriano
01.11.2009, 01:55
I am very glad to know that here in this armenian lenguage club we have english talking group. I think it will help us very much to inprove our english. Thank you for these opportunaty.:hands

Adriano
01.11.2009, 02:01
By the way I have a question-what direction will have this chat, what are we going to talk about mainly?:think

No Broken Hearted Girl
01.11.2009, 02:03
By the way I have a question-what direction will have this chat, what are we going to talk about mainly?:think

Here we're speaking about everything! Chose a topic and we'll speak about it:)

Adriano
01.11.2009, 02:14
[quote=No Broken Hearted Girl;1829883]Here we're speaking about everything! Chose a topic and we'll speak about it[/quote

lets talk about halloween, what do you think about this old custom?

helium
02.11.2009, 03:06
It's a good chance to wear scary , uncommon costumes, come together with friends and have fun! I've heard negative opinions about celebrating this non-armenian holiday (stop copying American holidays, we have lots of them here....bla-bla-bla....), but as long as it makes me feel happy, I don't care :) We don't have much merry holidays, why not to spend one more day out of the ordinary all together...
Also, I've read that Halloween's origins come from some Celtic festival and Christian holy day of All Saints :)

Sagittarius
02.11.2009, 04:03
It's a good chance to wear scary , uncommon costumes, come together with friends and have fun! I've heard negative opinions about celebrating this non-armenian holiday (stop copying American holidays, we have lots of them here....bla-bla-bla....), but as long as it makes me feel happy, I don't care :) We don't have much merry holidays, why not to spend one more day out of the ordinary all together...
Also, I've read that Halloween's origins come from some Celtic festival and Christian holy day of All Saints :)

in Europe armenians also call it Haylloween, so know we can consider it to be pure armenian holiday:hands

Legolas
02.11.2009, 14:16
in Europe armenians also call it Haylloween, so know we can consider it to be pure armenian holiday:hands
and here we call it Herroen:aha

Nadine
03.11.2009, 03:41
May I correct the spelling errors here? :think

Երկնային
03.11.2009, 04:05
yes :)

Sagittarius
03.11.2009, 04:05

for example its not know,, but now?;),, yes, of course you may, cause people are here to improve their English,

so know we can consider it to be pure armenian holiday
and yet I'm not speaking about the artile)))

Nadine
04.11.2009, 00:56
I am very glad to know that here in this armenian lenguage club we have english talking group. I think it will help us very much to inprove our english. Thank you for these opportunaty.:hands

language, improve, this, opportunity ;)

Nadine
04.11.2009, 00:59
Here we're speaking about everything! Chose a topic and we'll speak about it:)

The way you typed the word in bold in the sentence above is in the past tense. The correct spelling for this word is choose.;)

Nadine
04.11.2009, 01:02
and yet I'm not speaking about the artile)))

What is an artile? Did you mean article?

_Հրաչ_
04.11.2009, 01:03
Hi people! I see you are talking about grammar. My grammar is not so good:(